Activities of Pacheco`s company "very suspicious": Goa Police
Panaji: Goa Police has said the activities of the company run by former state tourism minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco were "very suspicious" and seems to be "a cover
for something else".
"There was no formal and structured functioning (of the company). Everything seemed to be working as a personal fiefdom of Pacheco," the Crime Branch in its application to
the Panaji Bench of Bombay High Court has said.
"There were no meetings and decisions of the board of directors. The activities of the company are very suspicious and seems to be cover for something else," it said.
Police had vehemently opposed the anticipatory bail plea
of Lyndon Monteiro, close aide of Pacheco, who is wanted in
case of death of 28-year-old Nadia Torrado.
Crime branch investigations have revealed that Nadia
worked in Pacheco`s company, Bresources Management Pvt Ltd.
Nadia had consumed poison on May 15 and thereafter she
died on May 30 in a private hospital in Chennai.
Pacheco is accused of abetment of suicide in the case
while his aide, Monteiro, is accused of destroying the
evidence. The duo are on the run since June 6.
The role of Nadia`s mother and her husband in the entire
case was also suspicious, police said.
Crime Branch said they are yet to get the mobile phone,
passport and tube from which rat poison was allegedly consumed
by the deceased.
"The circumstantial evidence in the house and the room of
the deceased has been destroyed by cleaning up," police said.
Family members or some person connected to this offence
cleaned the house or room of the deceased to destroy the
evidences, they said, adding it was "a very sensitive matter
wherein a young woman died under very suspicious and
"On the contrary, Monteiro being in a very powerful
position is hell bent on impending the investigations and
creating hurdles in the efforts of police to unravel the
truth," the Crime Branch said while opposing the anticipatory
bail plea filed by Monteiro.
Meanwhile, Judge UD Salvi today postponed the hearing on
the anticipatory bail petition filed by Monteiro ordering that
he should personally file the bail plea.
The plea has been filed by Monteiro`s mother, Elvina. The
next hearing in this case would take place on June 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi