After minor`s rape, headmistress ordered clean-up: Goa CM
Panaji: In a shocking disclosure, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the Goa legislative Assembly on Thursday that a school headmistress oversaw the washing and cleaning of the private parts of the seven-year-old rape victim.
Parrikar was updating the house on the progress of investigations into the rape of a minor girl in a school toilet at the port town of Vasco, a crime which had stunned the state Jan 14.
"During investigation, it was revealed that the headmistress directed the class teacher to wash the private parts of the victim to avoid infection," Parrikar told the Assembly.
The chief minister also said that the management of the school, run by a central government-operated port trust, also wiped off all possible traces and fingerprint evidence from the scene of the crime.
"The school management was busy cleaning evidence, when their first job was to intimate the police," Parrikar said.
The headmistress, Sharlet Furtado, was arrested and later released on bail for negligence in the week following the crime. The girl`s attacker is still untraced and on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray