All sitting Goa Cong MLAs may not get tickets
Panaji: The Congress on Wednesday refused to commit
tickets to all the sitting party legislators in Goa for the
forthcoming State Legislative Assembly elections.
All India Congress Committee Observer Jagmit Singh Brar
today told reporters in South Goa that it cannot be said in
all certainty that sitting legislators of the party would be
given ticket for the ensuing election.
Brar, who held series of meetings with the Congress
legislators here, said that recommendations of Pradesh
Election Committee (PEC) would be given due importance while
deciding on the tickets.
He said that sitting legislators might be refused the
ticket, if there is a demand from the constituency people to
change the face.
The Congress leader, however, said the party would make
all possible attempts to keep its flock together as there
might be rebellion after announcement of tickets.
"Now it is for us to see how we will keep everyone
together after certain adjustments are done while giving the
berths," Brar said.
The Congress leader said that the party wants current
alliance- Congress-NCP-Maharashtrawadi Gomantak party (MGP),
to continue in future.
Brar stated that the party will be having meeting of the
coordination committee in which discussions would be held with
NCP on seat-sharing.
"As far as MGP is concerned we will have to see what kind
of alliance we are going for," he said not refusing to have
post-poll alliance with the party, which is oldest regional
political party in the state.
The AICC observer said that Congress is in a good
position to garner majority on its own.
When pointed out that local Congress leaders are not
supporting such a coalition, Brar said that Congress-NCP
alliance is a national issue and is not state specific.
The Assembly Elections for Goa are due for next year.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Cops release suspect's sketch as public outrage grows in Kerala's 'Nirbhaya' case
- Flat belly diet: Include these 3 foods to burn fat fast!
- Read: Why Virat Kohli, David Warner exchanged text messages regarding Orange Cap in IPL 9?
- Shocking! 7th Pay Commission recommends abolition of overtime for government employees
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi