Allotment of industrial plot to Parrikar`s son as per rules: BJP
Panaji: BJP on Thursday refuted opposition Congress` allegations of nepotism against Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar saying all norms were adhered to in allotment of an industrial plot to his son.
"Accusations against chief minister (Manohar Parrikar) of allowing his son to benefit from the industrial plot in Tuem industrial estate are based on misinformation and false propaganda", state unit party spokesperson Wilfred Mesquita told reporters here.
Congress had alleged that Parrikar facilitated allotment of the industrial plot to his son who intends to set up a factory in Tuem industrial estate, the property of state-run Industrial Development Corporation (IDC).
Dismissing the allegations, Mesquita said all due procedures were followed in allotment of the plot.
"For the first time in the history of IDC, proper regulations were formed because it was the intention of the government to have fair and transparent allotment of plots", he added.
Mesquita said that the chief minister`s son fulfilled the eligibility criteria and allegations levelled by Congress are baseless.
"Just because he is chief minister`s son, it does not mean he cannot apply (for the plot) or can not get the benefit (under the industrial scheme)", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman