Animal welfare groups oppose cow slaughter
Panaji: Animal welfare groups here have
threatened to hold protest walks in Goa, if government did not
stop illegal cow slaughtering in the state which has attained
In a joint press conference addressed here yesterday,
groups like Akhil Vishwa Jai Sri Ram Gau Sanvardhan Kendra and
Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Animal Rescue organisation said the
government should immediately stop illegal cow butchering.
The demand comes after the seizure of huge quantity of
beef on Goa-Karnataka border on Monday.
Panaji Animal Welfare Society chief Angela Kazi said the
government should keep a watch on the check posts to ensure
that cows are not transported from Karnataka to Goa for
She said the department of Animal Husbandry and
Veterinary Services should pull up their sleeves and implement
the existing laws banning illegal cow slaughtering.
A right wing activist Hanumant Parab, attached to Akhil
Vishwa Jai Sri Ram Gau Sanvardhan Kendra, said the state
government should completely ban cow butchering as it is
against Hindu religion.
He said the government is supporting illegal butchering
activity in the state and they are getting political patronage
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society