Anti-Modi post case youth appears before cops, quizzed
Panaji: Marine engineer Devu Chodankar, who was booked for posting anti-Narendra Modi comments on his Facebook page, on Monday appeared before Goa police for the first time and was grilled for over seven hours.
The 33-year-old arrived at Cyber Crime Police Station here at 10.45 AM and was quizzed by investigating officer (IO).
Superintendent of Police (Crime Branch) Karthik Kashyap, who is supervising the investigation, also interrogated Chodankar in presence of his lawyer, Jatin Naik.
Meanwhile, several social activists who had condemned the case against Chodankar visited the police station and remained there throughout the day.
Emerging from the interrogation, Chodankar said that he had full faith in the law enforcement authorities and his posts were against those who "disregard" Constitution.
"My client had posted the comments on the day when Pramod Muthalik (Shri Ram Sene chief) was inducted in the BJP. He had deleted them immediately after Muthalik was refused (entry) in the party," Chodankar`s lawyer Jatin Naik told reporters outside the police station.
Responding to a question, Naik said that Chodankar was not absconding but was on duty at Vishakhatpatnam and had sought time from police to appear before them.
He said that police had seized a lap top and a computer hard disk from Chodankar.
Chodankar was booked by Cyber Crime cell for posting anti-Narendra Modi and anti-BJP posts during run-up to Lok Sabha election.
"If Modi is elected as PM this election, Christians will lose their identity in South Goa. Mark these words. There is an imminent holocaust as it happened in Gujarat though under the garb of cunning government policies of Parrikar," Chodankar`s post read.
State chief minister Manohar Parrikar had last week said that police had no intention to arrest Chodankar and indicated that the latter may be let off after inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues