Atala denies connections with Goa drug peddlers
Panaji: Israeli drug dealer Yaniv Benaim
alias Atala today said that he used drugs like any ordinary
tourist visiting Goa and denied involvement with drug trade.
Talking exclusively to PTI after his release on bail,
Atala refused to speak about suspended police inspector Ashish
Shirodkar, who was allegedly providing him drugs that were
stolen from the police lockers.
"I don`t want to talk about Ashish (Shirodkar)," he said.
Atala was seen extensively talking about Shirodkar on the
tapes which were shot by his former girlfriend Lucky Farmhouse
and uploaded on youtube.com.
"It is nothing serious. It`s a joke, it was a movie," the
alleged drug peddler said.
Released on bail after four months judicial custody,
Atala alleged that media was trying to defame him.
"I don`t know why media is defaming me. May be because
they want to sell their papers. Media tried to finish me," he
Lucky in her interview had earlier claimed that
son of a senior politician was visiting their place and she
has a video recording of the same.
Atala said that no politician is involved in the drug
"Everything is false. It`s a bullshit," he said.
The Israeli national, who was summoned deportation order
way back in 2007, refused that Lucky was his wife.
"I have not spoken to Lucky for last four years. I don`t
know why she is talking against me," he said.
Atala`s confession on spy cam, which were released by
media in March this year, had seven policemen suspended and
Goa bench of Bombay high court had given bail to all the
seven policemen came down on the Crime Branch for tardy
investigation in this case.
Atala also secured bail from Narcotics drugs and
psychotropic substances court (NDPS) on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says