Auctioning of Goa mining leases could be way forward: Congress
Panaji: Congress party in Goa on Tuesday said auctioning of mining leases could be a way forward for the mining industry in the state.
"Auctioning of mining leases can be one of the options," Goa Pradesh Congress Committee President Subhash Shirodkar told reporters here.
He said all political parties should sit across the table and come out with analytical approach on mining for the state`s development.
Currently, the state has 90-odd mining leases held by private companies, which were operational before being shut down by the Supreme Court order last year.
Shirodkar said yesterday`s Supreme Court order allowing e-auctioning of ore is a welcome step, especially because the mining belt economy had reached its lowest ebb after exports were stopped.
Goa government has predicted that a revenue collection worth Rs 1,500 crore from 5.3 metric tonnes of ore lying at leases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended