Bills unpaid for Narendra Modi`s Goa rally, official says
Panaji: The licence and tax bills for the BJP`s prime ministerial hopeful Narendra Modi`s rally Jan 12 near Panaji have not been paid, an official said.
Mayor of the Corporation of the City of Panaji (CCP) Surendra Furtado told IANS Wednesday that the banners and posters promoting and advertising Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate`s public rally were plastered all over the city`s jurisdiction, without permissions from the city council.
"They have neither taken permissions nor paid us the licence fees, which are mandatory for putting up advertising or promotional material in city limits," Furtado said.
Giant cut-outs of Modi, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and a galaxy of BJP leaders, along with buntings, flags and other BJP paraphernalia were put up all over Goa and the capital, which is located a stone`s throw from the venue of Modi`s rally which attracted a crowd of over a lakh.
"For a recent smaller meeting of the Congress party`s minority cell, the CCP earned Rs.25,000 plus in taxes and licence fees. From the Modi meeting, the CCP got nothing. They did not pay a rupee," Furtado said.
A senior BJP official said that the CCP was free to charge the party its dues.
"The CCP can charge us the licence fees and other taxes even now. While preparing for such a massive meeting, some slip-ups happen," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory