Bird hits AI aircraft while landing at Goa airport
Panaji: An Air India aircraft with 263
passengers on board was hit by a bird at Dabolim airport on Saturday morning, an airport official said.
A bird hit the engine of AI-976, an airbus 320 aircraft,
while it was landing at Goa airport this morning. It was
repaired and left for Chennai after four hours, he said.
The Air Traffic Control (ATC) had noticed the bird and
immediately alerted the pilot.
The flight had arrived from Kuwait and was on its way to
Chennai with 263 passengers on board, he said.
"It was noticed that there was minor damage to the
engine, which was repaired and flight left for Chennai at 11
am," he said.
It was a second incident of bird hit reported in the last
two days here.
On Thursday, a chartered flight of Air Arkefly arrived
from Amsterdam to Goa and supposed to leave for Colombo had to
abort its take off after being hit by a bird.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!