BJP demands dismissal of Goa govt
Panaji: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday
demanded dismissal of Digambar Kamat-led government in Goa
stating that no unbiased enquiry can be conducted in illegal
mining scam till the current government is in power.
"Many of the ministers in the current cabinet are
involved in illegal mining scam. They are bound to interfere
in the probe," BJP National President Nitin Gadkari told
He said that the party would raise the issue of illegal
mining and dismissal of Kamat-led government in the
forthcoming Parliament session.
Gadkari pointing out to the report of union Mines
Ministry said that the central government itself has conceded
that 1.89 crore tonnes of iron ore was sent illegally from the
state during the last four years.
The 114-page-long report has also said that of the
total 114 mining leases, 44 are illegal, Gadkari added.
The main opposition party has also raised certain
doubts on Shah Commission stating that "no one can enquire
into the scam properly when people involved in the crime are
in the power."
BJP on Thursday had met President Pratibha Patil
seeking CBI enquiry into the illegal mining trade in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen