BJP holds Congress responsible for Goa`s mining sector crisis
Panaji: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) accused Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Friday of supporting the cause of Goa mining only after the Centre realised that the ban on exports led to the fall of the rupee.
"Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram realised that the economy of the country is in doldrums. It is time that the Finance Minister realised that exports have stopped," BJP Goa General Secretary Narendra Sawaikar told reporters at the BJP state headquarters here today.
He alleged that the Congress party was responsible for the Goa mining sector crisis.
"If the Congress had realised what they were doing, the issue could have been properly presented before the Supreme Court and by now the ban would have been lifted," Sawaikar said.
The BJP leader said that Union Minister for Environment and Forests Jayanti Natarajan had cancelled the environmental clearances in a hurry after the Justice M B Shah Commission tabled its report on illegal mining in Parliament, which further precipitated the crisis, he alleged.
The BJP expressed hopes that the Supreme Court would lift the ban by next month and mining would resume.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future