BJP, Left use JuH remarks to attack Congress
New Delhi: In an apparent criticism of invoking Narendra Modi bogey, leading Islamic organisation Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Hind today suggested that the "so-called" secular parties should focus on their own achievements instead of trying to woo voters by creating fear of someone coming to power.
BJP and Left parties latched on it to attack Congress and accused the ruling party of using people for their votes.
JuH chief Mehmood Madani said these "so-called" secular parties should first make their agenda and manifesto clear about what they wish to do for the people.
"These so-called secular parties should explain what their governments in different states have done. What promises they have fulfilled and which ones still remain. They should seek votes on this basis and not on the basis of fear of somebody else (coming to power)," Madani said.
He said all such parties should not do negative politics, but instead inform the people whether they have created equal opportunities.
BJP and Left parties used these remarks to criticise Congress.
"It is now clear as to how Congress has been exploiting people for votes.
It has been scaring the voters to get their votes. But people have gradually realised this," BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said people are worried about price rise and corruption and asserted that these are the primary issues.
Another BJP leader, Siddarth Nath Singh, alleged that Congress believes in divide and rule. "People know that Congress always believes in divide and rule. It creates a rift between Hindu and Muslim brothers."
CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury said any type of communal polarisation from any quarter for political benefits is not good. "We need to rouse people against such things to protect our secular, democratic traditions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand