BJP legislator Arlekar to be new Goa Speaker
Panaji: BJP legislator Rajendra Arlekar
will be elected as the Speaker of the Goa legislative assembly
in the election that will be held tomorrow, the first day of
Legislature Secretary N B Subhedar stated that they
have received only one application for the post of the
Speaker. The BJP-led alliance has supported Arlekar for the
Arlekar is a legislator from Pernem constituency,
which is reserved for the scheduled castes (SC).
The state legislative assembly session will be held
tomorrow, for the first time after the March 3 polls.
All the 40 newly-elected legislators will be
administered an oath tomorrow, followed by an election for the
State Governor K Sankarnarayanan will address the
House on March 20, while chief minister Manohar Parrikar will
present the state budget on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium