BJP MLA gives drug dealers` names to top cop
Panaji: A BJP legislator from Calangute, a coastal constituency in Goa, has submitted a list of four drug dealers to the state`s top cop, asking him to nab them.
Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Michael Lobo said that he was forced to take the step since after foreigners and tourists, "locals are consuming drugs on a large scale".
"The police have not taken strong action against drug menace. Now, I have given them information to act," Lobo said, adding that he could not disclose the contents of his communication to Director General of Police (DGP) Kishen Kumar because it was "confidential in nature".
"What I can tell you is that the list has four persons who are key drug dealers and not mere peddlers. I have also given a description of the drug scene in my constituency and what goes on where," Lobo said.
Crammed with nightclubs, bars and easy availability of drugs, the beach stretch from Candolim to Baga is one of the most popular party hot spots, catering to a large chunk of the 2.5 million annual tourists coming to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday