BJP reiterates CBI inquiry in Goa police-drug peddlers nexus
Panaji: BJP on Tuesday reiterated their demand of
a CBI inquiry into the police-drug peddler nexus case after a
girlfriend of a drug dealer alleged involvement of a
politician`s son in it.
"I have always been demanding CBI inquiry into this
entire episode. Now after the revelation by drug peddler`s
girlfriend, it is ample clear that politicians too are
involved in the case," leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly,
Manohar Parrikar told reporters today.
Parrikar said that state police will not be able to
conduct impartial inquiry as their own officers and state
level politicians are allegedly involved in it.
He said that any agency which is from outside the state
should investigate this case to maintain impartiality.
"Compared to state police, CBI can be influenced by very
few politicians," Parrikar, former chief minister, said.
Lucky Farmhouse, model and a girlfriend of Israeli drug
dealer Yaniv Benaim alias Atala, in an email interview to PTI,
had said that son of a politician often used to visit Atala at
The Swedish model, who left Goa in February 2008 after
putting up on internet her boyfriend`s clips shot on spycam,
in which he he blurted out his association with police, has
said that she has lot more stuff which she is ready to share
with investigating agencies.
Crime branch probing the case has arrested five policemen
including a police inspector in this connection.
Six policemen were suspended for their alleged links
with drug peddlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued