BJP report on mining scam in Goa to come out soon
Panaji: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
leaders in Goa on Sunday said that they are in the final stages of
preparing an "explosive" report on the illegal mining scam in
the state, which will bare the trade from its root.
Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar said that the party
has already prepared a rough draft of the report, which is
being finalised and will be made public in next few days.
Parrikar, who had earlier come out with a report by the
Public Accounts Committee (PAC), headed by him, on the illegal
mining scam, said that BJP`s report is entirely based on the
facts, which can stand legal scrutiny.
"Over the last five years, iron ore worth Rs 25,000 crore
was illegally extracted and sent out of Goa," he said, adding
that the illegal mining industry has eclipsed the legal mining
"Since the state government has failed to control illegal
mining, it will damage the legal one," he said.
The BJP leader said that due to the illegal mining,
everything has become cloudy, injecting fear in the minds of
people dependent on the trade.
Parrikar added that they have decided to boycott all the
committees of the state legislative assembly as the party has
lost faith in the Speaker Pratapsingh Rane.
"Not just PAC, we will not be participating in any of the
committees of the assembly," said Parrikar, whose PAC report
was questioned by the Speaker.
Parrikar had been removed as the PAC chairman, after he
had questioned the Speaker`s move of not tabling the panel`s
report in the state legislative assembly.
The party has also begun a door-to-door campaign in the
state, educating people on the illegal mining issue and
creating awareness on the "mischief played by the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced