BJP to hold conventions in all 543 Lok Sabha constituencies
Panaji: BJP plans to hold rallies across 100 places in the country as well as Lok Sabha conventions in all 543 constituencies before the parliamentary polls.
BJP`s senior leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters in Panaji on Thursday that the party would conduct a mass campaign including 100 rallies and 543 Lok Sabha conventions.
The party will also campaign through social media which is popular among the younger generation.
"Rallies across the country are a massive success. There has been a wave in favour of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister and for BJP in the Lok Sabha," he said, adding that the party would cross the 200-seat mark on its own.
"Going by the present trend, I am sure that the party will cross 200 seat mark on its own and move further. Every second voter in the country wishes to see Modi as India`s Prime Minister," Naidu claimed.
He stated that in his political career of 35 years, he had never seen people discussing politics to such an extent.
"People have hope that Modi will do something good for the country," the BJP leader said.
Modi plans to hold a rally in Bihar on October 26, Naidu said, adding that a wave in favour of the BJP is building up and it will grow further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government