BJP trying to save its sinking ship: Congress
Panaji: Goa Congress on Saturday said BJP has
started inducting leaders from other political parties in a
bid to "save its sinking ship".
"BJP has realised that they are not getting enough
support, due to which, they are adopting such gimmicks,"
Mauvin Godinho, campaign manager for Congress in Goa, said.
Recently, BJP inducted several minority leaders, including
Matanhy Saldaha and others, who are likely to be given tickets
to contest the upcoming Assembly polls.
On January 15, BJP launched the `Jan Sampark Abhiyaan` in
35 constituencies, which will continue till January 31.
Godinho, who recently launched the poll campaign, said,
"Since it (BJP) has a track record of being communal", members
of the minority community would never get inclined towards the
"They (BJP) are adopting such campaigns, as they are wary
of losing their Hindu vote-bank," he said.
Minister for Public Works Department Churchill Alemao
claimed that the BJP campaign has been receiving lukewarm
response from people.
"When Sonia Gandhi came here, there were 60,000 people at
the venue and more than 30,000 crowd standing outside," he
said, adding BJP has brought crowds from other constituencies
as a "show of strength" during its ongoing campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH