BJP trying to save its sinking ship: Congress
Panaji: Goa Congress on Saturday said BJP has
started inducting leaders from other political parties in a
bid to "save its sinking ship".
"BJP has realised that they are not getting enough
support, due to which, they are adopting such gimmicks,"
Mauvin Godinho, campaign manager for Congress in Goa, said.
Recently, BJP inducted several minority leaders, including
Matanhy Saldaha and others, who are likely to be given tickets
to contest the upcoming Assembly polls.
On January 15, BJP launched the `Jan Sampark Abhiyaan` in
35 constituencies, which will continue till January 31.
Godinho, who recently launched the poll campaign, said,
"Since it (BJP) has a track record of being communal", members
of the minority community would never get inclined towards the
"They (BJP) are adopting such campaigns, as they are wary
of losing their Hindu vote-bank," he said.
Minister for Public Works Department Churchill Alemao
claimed that the BJP campaign has been receiving lukewarm
response from people.
"When Sonia Gandhi came here, there were 60,000 people at
the venue and more than 30,000 crowd standing outside," he
said, adding BJP has brought crowds from other constituencies
as a "show of strength" during its ongoing campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!