Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa
Panaji: The Delhi-bound Trivandrum Rajdhani Express was delayed by half an hour on Wednesday after an anonymous caller rang up to say that a bomb was on board the train. The bomb threat turned out to be a hoax, a railway spokesperson said.
The train remained detained at the Margao railway station, around 35 km from here, and left around 12.15 pm only after it had been thoroughly checked.
"The train was halted for half an hour more than the scheduled halt at the Margao (railway) station. A Goa police bomb squad and railway officials checked every bogey for any explosive, but none was found," Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. spokesperson Baban Ghatge told reporters.
The call had been made at about 11 am, a few minutes before the train was to reach the Margao railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal