Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa
Panaji: The Delhi-bound Trivandrum Rajdhani Express was delayed by half an hour on Wednesday after an anonymous caller rang up to say that a bomb was on board the train. The bomb threat turned out to be a hoax, a railway spokesperson said.
The train remained detained at the Margao railway station, around 35 km from here, and left around 12.15 pm only after it had been thoroughly checked.
"The train was halted for half an hour more than the scheduled halt at the Margao (railway) station. A Goa police bomb squad and railway officials checked every bogey for any explosive, but none was found," Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. spokesperson Baban Ghatge told reporters.
The call had been made at about 11 am, a few minutes before the train was to reach the Margao railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed