Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa
Panaji: The Delhi-bound Trivandrum Rajdhani Express was delayed by half an hour on Wednesday after an anonymous caller rang up to say that a bomb was on board the train. The bomb threat turned out to be a hoax, a railway spokesperson said.
The train remained detained at the Margao railway station, around 35 km from here, and left around 12.15 pm only after it had been thoroughly checked.
"The train was halted for half an hour more than the scheduled halt at the Margao (railway) station. A Goa police bomb squad and railway officials checked every bogey for any explosive, but none was found," Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. spokesperson Baban Ghatge told reporters.
The call had been made at about 11 am, a few minutes before the train was to reach the Margao railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II