close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Bombay HC oks Pacheco`s aide to withdraw bail plea

The Bombay High Court bench here allowed Lyndon Monteiro to withdraw his anticipatory bail petition.



Panaji: The Bombay High Court bench here on Tuesday allowed Lyndon Monteiro, close aide of former Goa
Tourism Minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco and co-accused in
the case relating to the death of a woman, to withdraw his
anticipatory bail petition.

In the order, Justice U D Salvi said the prosecution has
no objection to Monteiro withdrawing his anticipatory bail
application and it should be allowed to be withdrawn.

Monteiro`s lawyer Atmaram Nadkarni on Tuesday said that
Monteiro was made accused after he disappeared.

"When he is missing and his anticipatory bail was
rejected by sessions court, overnight he becomes an accused?
How this is permissible under law?," the lawyer questioned.

Seeking Monteiro`s presence when he has applied for
anticipatory bail nullifies the very base of asking for
anticipatory bail, he said.

The court allowing the withdrawal of anticipatory bail
petition pointed out that public prosecutor Carlose Fereira
had already submitted that the application was not
maintainable as it was filed by applicant`s mother.

The court had yesterday ruled that the applicant has to
be personally present in the court when matter would be heard
next on June 17.

Monteiro and Pacheco are wanted in connection with the
death of Nadia Torrado (28), who died allegedly after
consuming rat poison on May 30 at a private hospital in
Chennai.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions