Boy kills self after obscene MMS goes viral
Panaji: A youth from Sattari taluka allegedly committed suicide after an MMS clip purportedly showing him and his girlfriend in a compromising position went viral.
Arjun Mainkar (21), living at Morlem village in North Goa, committed suicide on August 5 fearing harm to his sister by the family members of his girlfriend, who reportedly featured in the MMS clip shot on his cellphone, police said.
In a suicide note, Mainkar alleged that the girl`s family members were threatening to harm his sister, as revenge.
Police said Arjun was apparently scared following threats that he hung himself in a hut near his house.
After the MMS was allegedly shot by Arjun, both the families had initially agreed to get him and the girl married to each other. He had even filed an affidavit before the local notary agreeing to marry his girlfriend, police said.
A senior official from Valpoi police station, which is investigating the case, said the two-page suicide note states that the girl`s mother and her three brothers were allegedly harassing him and also threatened to harm his sister.
Police said they have registered a case against the girl`s family under Section 306 (abetment of suicide) of IPC, though no one has been arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed