Boy kills self after obscene MMS goes viral
Panaji: A youth from Sattari taluka allegedly committed suicide after an MMS clip purportedly showing him and his girlfriend in a compromising position went viral.
Arjun Mainkar (21), living at Morlem village in North Goa, committed suicide on August 5 fearing harm to his sister by the family members of his girlfriend, who reportedly featured in the MMS clip shot on his cellphone, police said.
In a suicide note, Mainkar alleged that the girl`s family members were threatening to harm his sister, as revenge.
Police said Arjun was apparently scared following threats that he hung himself in a hut near his house.
After the MMS was allegedly shot by Arjun, both the families had initially agreed to get him and the girl married to each other. He had even filed an affidavit before the local notary agreeing to marry his girlfriend, police said.
A senior official from Valpoi police station, which is investigating the case, said the two-page suicide note states that the girl`s mother and her three brothers were allegedly harassing him and also threatened to harm his sister.
Police said they have registered a case against the girl`s family under Section 306 (abetment of suicide) of IPC, though no one has been arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'