Brar`s was a casual statement: Goa Congress
Rahul Gandhi would address the special midnight session of state assembly on the occasion of Golden Jubilee of Goa`s liberation from Portuguese rule.
Goa Congress president Subhash Shirodkar said, "It is for
the members of Legislative Assembly and the Chief Minister to
decide who should be invited".
"We are a democracy and suggestions can be given by
anyone... It was a casual statement," he said, referring to
statement by Jagmeet Singh Brar.
Brar, all India Congress Committee observer, had told
reporters here last month that Congress general secretary
Rahul Gandhi would be invited to address the midnight session.
The proposal to invite Rahul was immediately condemned by
the main opposition BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister