Brar`s was a casual statement: Goa Congress
Rahul Gandhi would address the special midnight session of state assembly on the occasion of Golden Jubilee of Goa`s liberation from Portuguese rule.
Goa Congress president Subhash Shirodkar said, "It is for
the members of Legislative Assembly and the Chief Minister to
decide who should be invited".
"We are a democracy and suggestions can be given by
anyone... It was a casual statement," he said, referring to
statement by Jagmeet Singh Brar.
Brar, all India Congress Committee observer, had told
reporters here last month that Congress general secretary
Rahul Gandhi would be invited to address the midnight session.
The proposal to invite Rahul was immediately condemned by
the main opposition BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US