Bring in Goa Lokayukta Bill: IAC
Panaji: Local unit of India Against
Corruption (IAC) has demanded that Lokayukta Bill be tabled
immediately before the State Legislative Assembly.
"IAC has noted that government appears to have distanced
itself from the people of Goa by indulging in delaying
tactics, and feels that any further delay in bringing the
Lokayukta bill will irreversibly erode the credibility of the
Government," it said in a statement here today.
A two-day session of the Assembly is scheduled for
October 5 and 7.
Earlier, Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat had assured --
when IAC activists had met him in Panaji at the time of Anna
Hazare`s fast in New Delhi -- that the bill will be tabled
during the coming Assembly session.
Goa Lokayukta Bill had been passed by the Assembly in
2007, but it was referred back by the Centre, when sent for
President`s Assent, over certain legal issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest