Bring in Goa Lokayukta Bill: IAC
Panaji: Local unit of India Against
Corruption (IAC) has demanded that Lokayukta Bill be tabled
immediately before the State Legislative Assembly.
"IAC has noted that government appears to have distanced
itself from the people of Goa by indulging in delaying
tactics, and feels that any further delay in bringing the
Lokayukta bill will irreversibly erode the credibility of the
Government," it said in a statement here today.
A two-day session of the Assembly is scheduled for
October 5 and 7.
Earlier, Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat had assured --
when IAC activists had met him in Panaji at the time of Anna
Hazare`s fast in New Delhi -- that the bill will be tabled
during the coming Assembly session.
Goa Lokayukta Bill had been passed by the Assembly in
2007, but it was referred back by the Centre, when sent for
President`s Assent, over certain legal issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!