Bulls, beef seized on Goa-Karnataka border
Panaji: Goa Police on Monday seized nine bulls and 64 pigs on their way to slaughterhouse, alongwith 10 tones of beef, on the Goa-Karnataka border.
Police said that entire consignment was being illegally brought to Goa from Karnataka.
Eight people were arrested at Mollem check-post, 40 km away from here, while smuggling the animals and the meat. Two trucks were seized.
Officials said the raid was conducted after receiving alert from Akhil Vishwa Jai Sri Ram Gau Sanvardhan Kendra, an anti-cow slaughter NGO based in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you