Canoe capsizes, 11 fishermen rescued in Goa
Panaji: A fishing canoe capsized in the sea at Mobor near here this morning, with 11 fishermen on board rescued safely.
The mishap occurred at around 9 AM when the canoe ventured into the sea, which is currently choppy due to bad weather.
There were 11 fishermen on board the motorised canoe which capsized little away from the shore in South Goa, Deputy Superintendent of Police Mohan Naik said.
While three fishermen managed to swim ashore, the others kept holding to the net.
Indian Coast Guard helicopter, which was pressed into service, brought two fishermen to safety while the others were saved by private lifeguard services which man the beaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why