Canoe capsizes, 11 fishermen rescued in Goa
Panaji: A fishing canoe capsized in the sea at Mobor near here this morning, with 11 fishermen on board rescued safely.
The mishap occurred at around 9 AM when the canoe ventured into the sea, which is currently choppy due to bad weather.
There were 11 fishermen on board the motorised canoe which capsized little away from the shore in South Goa, Deputy Superintendent of Police Mohan Naik said.
While three fishermen managed to swim ashore, the others kept holding to the net.
Indian Coast Guard helicopter, which was pressed into service, brought two fishermen to safety while the others were saved by private lifeguard services which man the beaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata