`Cash for posts` allegations rock NCP in Goa
Panaji: A `cash for posts` scandal has
surfaced in the Nationalist Congress Party in Goa, with party
leader Jitendra Deshprabhu levelling allegations against
observer Bharti Chawan.
Following the allegations, several members of party`s
state executive committee today demanded his expulsion, NCP
Deshprabhu alleged that Chawan has been selling posts in
the organisation and accepting money for tickets for the
coming Assembly elections.
He made the allegations in an interview, telecast by a
local news channel yesterday.
"Deshprabhu should be expelled from the party for his
irresponsible statements against Chawan. He has made baseless
and false statement against her," said Suresh Parulekar,
senior vice president of Goa NCP.
He added that Deshprabhu, who was facing allegations
related to illegal mining, was trying to divert the attention
from that issue.
When contacted, Deshprabhu said he stood by the
The state executive, which held an emergency meeting here
today, decided that action should be taken against Deshprabhu.
State NCP chief, Surendra Sirsat, said he was going to
prepare a report on the opinions of the state executive
members, and send it to party president Sharad Pawar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune