CBI beats up Goa policemen? DGP to inquire
Panaji: Goa Director General of Police
(DGP) on Thursday said he would inquire into the allegations that
constables were beaten up by the CBI probing the case of nexus
between the state police and drug peddlers.
"Once I am back in Goa, I will summon all the
constables who have complained of beaten by CBI during the
probe," DGP Aditya Arya who is currently out of station told
agency over phone.
The constables attached to the Anti Narcotics Cell
(ANC) have complained that a senior CBI officer had beaten
them up on Tuesday in the interrogation room after summoning
them to record their statement in the case.
CBI is inquiring into the alleged drug nexus case
involving eight policemen and two Israeli drug lords
identified as David Driham alias Dudu and Yaniv Benaim alias
Mahadev Naik, a constable attached to ANC, has
complained with Agassaim police station about the assault on
Arya said that he had no information about the police
complaint being filed by the constables.
"I will personally meet the constables and try to know
what exactly they faced in CBI custody," the DGP said.
CBI officials are summoning constables as part of the
investigation into the drug nexus case.
According to the officials, deputy superintendent of
police (ANC) Naresh Mhamal has been summoned by CBI tomorrow.
The drug nexus case came to the light last year when
some policemen were found conniving with the drug dealers to
facilitate illicit trade in the coastal belt of the state.
Police Inspector Ashish Shirodkar and six others were
arrested for allegedly having links with Atala while sub
inspector Sunil Guddler was caught on camera `cosying` up with
a kin of Dudu.
The case was initially investigated by the Crime
Branch and later handed over to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali