CBI beats up Goa policemen? DGP to inquire
Panaji: Goa Director General of Police
(DGP) on Thursday said he would inquire into the allegations that
constables were beaten up by the CBI probing the case of nexus
between the state police and drug peddlers.
"Once I am back in Goa, I will summon all the
constables who have complained of beaten by CBI during the
probe," DGP Aditya Arya who is currently out of station told
agency over phone.
The constables attached to the Anti Narcotics Cell
(ANC) have complained that a senior CBI officer had beaten
them up on Tuesday in the interrogation room after summoning
them to record their statement in the case.
CBI is inquiring into the alleged drug nexus case
involving eight policemen and two Israeli drug lords
identified as David Driham alias Dudu and Yaniv Benaim alias
Mahadev Naik, a constable attached to ANC, has
complained with Agassaim police station about the assault on
Arya said that he had no information about the police
complaint being filed by the constables.
"I will personally meet the constables and try to know
what exactly they faced in CBI custody," the DGP said.
CBI officials are summoning constables as part of the
investigation into the drug nexus case.
According to the officials, deputy superintendent of
police (ANC) Naresh Mhamal has been summoned by CBI tomorrow.
The drug nexus case came to the light last year when
some policemen were found conniving with the drug dealers to
facilitate illicit trade in the coastal belt of the state.
Police Inspector Ashish Shirodkar and six others were
arrested for allegedly having links with Atala while sub
inspector Sunil Guddler was caught on camera `cosying` up with
a kin of Dudu.
The case was initially investigated by the Crime
Branch and later handed over to CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend