CBI probes if arrested Goa cop stole seized drugs
Panaji: The CBI, which has arrested former
Goa police officer Sunil Guddler in the drug mafia-police
nexus case, is probing if he stole drugs from the police
Guddler is the first policeman to be arrested by the CBI,
which has taken over investigation of three such cases from
the Goa crime branch on the orders of the High Court.
He was caught on spy camera with drugs in his possession
in a sting operation.
"We need to know where he sourced the drugs," said SP
(CBI) S Gavli here.
State government had told the CBI that Guddler stole
seized drugs from police godown and sold them to dealers.
Guddler, however, denied this. The CBI summoned him for
interrogation on Friday and arrested him afterwards. He was
remanded in five days of CBI custody by the court yesterday.
Agency sources said he was arrested on the basis of video
footage showing him hobnobbing with the relatives of Israeli
drug dealer, David Driham alias Dudu. Dudu had been arrested
by Anti Narcotic Cell (ANC) team led by Guddler in February
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says