CBI probes if arrested Goa cop stole seized drugs
Panaji: The CBI, which has arrested former
Goa police officer Sunil Guddler in the drug mafia-police
nexus case, is probing if he stole drugs from the police
Guddler is the first policeman to be arrested by the CBI,
which has taken over investigation of three such cases from
the Goa crime branch on the orders of the High Court.
He was caught on spy camera with drugs in his possession
in a sting operation.
"We need to know where he sourced the drugs," said SP
(CBI) S Gavli here.
State government had told the CBI that Guddler stole
seized drugs from police godown and sold them to dealers.
Guddler, however, denied this. The CBI summoned him for
interrogation on Friday and arrested him afterwards. He was
remanded in five days of CBI custody by the court yesterday.
Agency sources said he was arrested on the basis of video
footage showing him hobnobbing with the relatives of Israeli
drug dealer, David Driham alias Dudu. Dudu had been arrested
by Anti Narcotic Cell (ANC) team led by Guddler in February
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan