Central committee meets miners in Goa
Panaji: A Supreme Court-appointed committee, probing instances of alleged illegal mining on Sunday held discussions with stakeholders in Goa iron ore industry.
The Centrally empowered committee members met a delegation of miners soon after they arrived here, sources said.
Representatives of Goa Foundation, an NGO, which had petitioned against illegal mining in the Supreme Court also met the members of the panel.
Later, the delegation comprising a truck association, barge owners and also mining machinery owners made their presentation before the committee.
The committee is expected to meet state Chief Secretary B Vijayan tomorrow and will later visit the mining leases.
The Supreme Court in its recent verdict had stopped transportation and extraction of iron ore in the state in the wake of Justice M B Shah Commission report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH