Centre is not my boss, says Goa CM Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today defended his stand of rejecting the All India Services officers posted in Goa by the union government on the floor of the house, claiming that the Central government was not his boss.
"The Central government is not my boss. They are federal government and we are state government. In certain matters, they have primacy," Parrikar told the State Legislative Assembly today.
"I have rejected two police officers sent by them. They want to send sub-standard officers here," he said.
Parrikar had crossed swords with the union government earlier last year after rejecting posting of officers deputed by the Union Home Ministry to Goa.
"They were giving sub-standard officers to us. We have fought with them and won," the chief minister said.
Referring to allocation of funds by the Centre, Parrikar said that the union government was not doing any favour by releasing funds.
"They are not doing us any favour by releasing funds. We are getting what is rightfully due to us as per a formula," he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!