Centre is not my boss, says Goa CM Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar today defended his stand of rejecting the All India Services officers posted in Goa by the union government on the floor of the house, claiming that the Central government was not his boss.
"The Central government is not my boss. They are federal government and we are state government. In certain matters, they have primacy," Parrikar told the State Legislative Assembly today.
"I have rejected two police officers sent by them. They want to send sub-standard officers here," he said.
Parrikar had crossed swords with the union government earlier last year after rejecting posting of officers deputed by the Union Home Ministry to Goa.
"They were giving sub-standard officers to us. We have fought with them and won," the chief minister said.
Referring to allocation of funds by the Centre, Parrikar said that the union government was not doing any favour by releasing funds.
"They are not doing us any favour by releasing funds. We are getting what is rightfully due to us as per a formula," he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical