Centre wants Goa govt to submit report on Sanatan Sanstha: MP
Panaji: The Centre will examine the
possibility of banning right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha
once the Goa Government submits a proposal for same, Congress
MP Shantaram Naik said on Friday.
Naik, briefing about his meeting with Union Home
Minister P Chidambaram last week, said the Centre wants Goa to
submit a formal proposal before taking any decision on the
outfit linked to the last year`s bomb blast in Margao town.
"The State Government is yet to submit a report to the
Centre seeking ban." The Rajya Sabha member from Goa said he
has also met Chief Minister Digamber Kamat "with the request
to ban the organisation, which could be possible cause of
communal discord in the state."
Naik said whatever comments he is making about the
group is his "personal opinion" and declined to blame the
Congress-led Government over delay in submitting the report.
"I am for communal harmony in Goa. The government
should examine the printed and electronic publicity material
of the Sanstha, which instigates the locals to indulge in
terror and Naxal activities," Naik added.
Four activists of the organisation had been arrested
for the blast on Diwali eve. National Investigation Agency
(NIA) is probing the case.
The lawmaker said the inflammatory material printed by
the Goa-headquartered Sanstha was enough ground to nail it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?