Child sex on Goa beaches for Rs 50?
Panaji: Child sex is being offered for Rs 50 on Goa`s beaches, Pramod Salgaocar, the producer of film "Baga Beach", claimed on Tuesday.
Salgaocar, whose film is based on the ills of Goa`s tourism industry, said she once got a complaint from a Hungarian tourist, who was reportedly offered child sex for Rs 50.
"Today you don`t even get chicken for Rs 50," Salgaocar told a press conference here, quoting the complainant.
Goa gave India`s first conviction in a paedophilia case involving Freddy Peats, a German who was sentenced to life for abusing scores of children in the 1980s.
Child abuse in Goa is one of the elements explored in Laxmikant Shetgaonkar directed "Baga beach", along with other aspects which make up for the underbelly of tourism in this state.
"Every day four children are abused in Goa. These are government statistics," Shetgaonkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!