CM assures partial rollback of liquor fees
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has assured to partially rollback the hike proposed in the state budget in the license fees for liquor warehouses.
President of All Goa liquor Traders Association Dattaprasad Naik said that the chief minister has assured partial withdrawal of the license fees for the non-bonded
warehouses which are typically used for storing duty-paid liquor.
The association has around 1,000 members under its
If the assurance materialises into action, it will
benefit more than 2,000 traders across the state, he said.
Parrikar`s proposal to raise the annual license fees
for all warehouses from Rs 3,000 to Rs 10,000 caused
discontent among the traders in the coastal state which is
known for low-cost booze.
Naik, however, clarified that the fee structure for
the bonded warehouses, which are usually run by the liquor
companies and big-time traders, will remain the same.
Goa government in the budget presented on March 26 had
proposed to hike the Value Added Tax (VAT) on the liquor from
20 percent to 22 percent resulting into increase in liquor
The proposed raise in the fees for warehouses was
feared to be affecting small-time traders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27