Coming soon, a sea plane for tourists in Goa
Panaji: Goa will soon introduce a sea plane concept to cater to the middle budget tourists, a top Tourism Department official said on Saturday.
The nine-seater plane, which will be capable of taking off and landing on water, would be introduced by Christmas as a part of the State`s tourism itinerary, Nilesh Cabral, the chairman, Goa Tourism Development Corp (GTDC), said.
"It will be almost like a joy ride which would be provided within small budget to the tourists," he said, adding that since it won`t be expensive, even the middle segment holiday-makers would be able to fly in the aircraft.
The plane`s operation will be outsourced to a private player, he said, adding logistics and other details about the project is being worked out by the State Government.
Goa would be the first state to introduce such a concept, he said, adding Andaman and Nicobar island has similar aircraft but they are not used for tourism purpose.
Cabral said the plane can also carry passengers from Dabolim airport to various destinations in the coastal state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?