Confidential Goa mining files moved to undisclosed site
Panaji: Heaps of confidential files, stacked with royalty receipts and NOCs for iron ore trade, were on Tuesday shifted to an undisclosed location by Goa`s Mines and Geology Department.
A team of Goa Reserve Police moved stacks of files from the office of Director of Mines and Geology, Prasanna Acharya, to an undisclosed site.
Acharya confirmed that the files contained royalty `challans` (receipts) and NOCs (no objection certificates) issued since 2009 but declined to reveal where the documents had been moved.
Acharya told reporters these files would be scanned and secured so that they are not tampered with.
These files are under scrutiny as part of the state government`s investigations into illegal mining and export of iron ore from Goa.
The NOCs and challans, issued during the tenure of former Director of Mines Arvind Lolienkar, are being scrutinised to find out any illegalities, officials said.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had earlier told the Assembly that a panel of Chartered Accountants would be formed to go through these papers.
The Goa Government is investigating the iron ore mining scam involving crores of rupees allegedly under the previous Congress-led regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India