Cong initiates inquiry against NSUI`s Goa chief
Panaji: Congress on Monday said it has
initiated a disciplinary inquiry against its student`s
organisation chief for filing a criminal complaint and making
statements against a party minister.
Kawthankar filed a criminal complaint against Alemao
for allegedly siphoning money under a scheme to provide water
tanks to the poor in the state.
National Students Union of India`s (NSUI) Goa Chief Sunil
Kawthankar has been questioned for filing a criminal
complaint and making a media statement against Public Works
Department Minister Churchill Alemao.
All India Congress Committee secretary Sudhakar Reddy
told reporters today that he has been heading the inquiry
commission which is probing Kawthankar`s act.
"He had met me and expressed regret over the issue,"
Reddy claimed, adding that the NSUI chief should have taken
prior permission from the party to file any case or to make a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL