Cong lost due to own mistakes in Goa: Sardinha
Panaji: Still smarting under its debacle
in the Assembly polls, Goa Congress on Monday said that the party
had to pay a heavy price at the hustings owing to its own
"The party was rejected by people because it made
mistakes. We already know what went wrong. People did not want
Congress so they voted new people to power," said the working
president of the state unit Congress, Fransisco Sardinha.
He was reacting to the setting up of a review
committee to study the poll debacle.
A three-member committee, headed by union defence
minister AK Anthony, has been formed to study the party`s
poor performance in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Goa.
Congress could won only nine seats in the Assembly
polls, while BJP in alliance with Maharashtravadi Gomantak
Party (MGP) sweeped the polls to rule the 40-member House.
Sardinha, who was inducted as the working president of
the party during Goa polls, said that "the state government
had to go because it committed mistakes".
He said that after a defeat, the local party unit is
in a state of shock.
"For any party, after the poll defeat, they are bound
to be in shock," Sardinha said refusing to set up any deadline
for rejuvenation of the party in the state.
He also ruled out the possibility of Manohar Parrikar
government engaging into a witch-hunting against Congress.
"Only fools will go after the person to take revenge
when they are already refused by the electorate," Sardinha
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel