Cong-NCP in verbal war over poll alliance in Goa
Panaji: A war of words has erupted between
Congress and NCP leaders in Goa amidst the ongoing alliance
talks between the two parties for the forthcoming state
Congress Goa spokesman Mauvin Godinho and NCP National
Observer Bharati Chawan got into a public spat even after All
India Congress Committee Observer Jagmit Singh Brar asked his
party men to exercise restraint.
Mauvin, addressing a press conference here yesterday
said, the NCP did not even have six winnable candidates.
"If they (NCP) had 12 winnable candidates than they would
have asked for 20 seats. Congress is fighting for the share in
a coalition from a position of strength," he said, adding the
party is capable of winning majority on its own without NCP.
Congress-NCP have held two rounds of alliance talks for
forthcoming Goa elections.
"I wish that high command would respect the aspirations
of local leadership who wants to go on their own in the
forthcoming polls," he said.
Few hours after the Congress press conference, Chawan
issued a statement advising Mauvin to mind his own business.
"Before making any statement Mauvin should look into his
own win ability," she said.
Chawan, in the past had lodged a formal protest with Brar
against Mauvin for making public statements which did not go
well with the coalition politics.
Congress-NCP are coalition partners in Goa with the
Sharad Pawar-led party having three legislators, of whom two
are ministers in Digambar Kamat cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India