Cong-NCP in verbal war over poll alliance in Goa
Panaji: A war of words has erupted between
Congress and NCP leaders in Goa amidst the ongoing alliance
talks between the two parties for the forthcoming state
Congress Goa spokesman Mauvin Godinho and NCP National
Observer Bharati Chawan got into a public spat even after All
India Congress Committee Observer Jagmit Singh Brar asked his
party men to exercise restraint.
Mauvin, addressing a press conference here yesterday
said, the NCP did not even have six winnable candidates.
"If they (NCP) had 12 winnable candidates than they would
have asked for 20 seats. Congress is fighting for the share in
a coalition from a position of strength," he said, adding the
party is capable of winning majority on its own without NCP.
Congress-NCP have held two rounds of alliance talks for
forthcoming Goa elections.
"I wish that high command would respect the aspirations
of local leadership who wants to go on their own in the
forthcoming polls," he said.
Few hours after the Congress press conference, Chawan
issued a statement advising Mauvin to mind his own business.
"Before making any statement Mauvin should look into his
own win ability," she said.
Chawan, in the past had lodged a formal protest with Brar
against Mauvin for making public statements which did not go
well with the coalition politics.
Congress-NCP are coalition partners in Goa with the
Sharad Pawar-led party having three legislators, of whom two
are ministers in Digambar Kamat cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video