Cong raises doubts on PAC report on illegal mining
Panaji: The Congress on Thursday raised doubts
about the authenticity of Manohar Parrikar-led Public Accounts
Committee (PAC) report on illegal mining in Goa claiming that
their members were not taken into confidence while preparing
the document and alleged that it has been "leaked" ahead of
being tabled in the House.
"Many of the Congress party members who were on the
Committee have submitted their dissent note because the
meetings were being conducted without inviting them," All
India Congress Committee Secretary Sudhakar Reddy told
He said "the authenticity of the report has to be decided
by the Speaker, once it is tabled."
The PAC led by the Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly
is in its final stages of preparing the report, which is
likely to pin down the illegalities conducted at the cost of
state exchequer and environment in the coastal state.
Jagmeet Singh Brar, Goa desk Congress in-charge, alleged
that Parrikar "leaked" the report even before placing it to
the state assembly.
The Congress leaders said they will wait for the report
of the Central government-appointed Shah Commission, which is
seriously investigating into the illegal mining activities in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price