Cong raises doubts on PAC report on illegal mining
Panaji: The Congress on Thursday raised doubts
about the authenticity of Manohar Parrikar-led Public Accounts
Committee (PAC) report on illegal mining in Goa claiming that
their members were not taken into confidence while preparing
the document and alleged that it has been "leaked" ahead of
being tabled in the House.
"Many of the Congress party members who were on the
Committee have submitted their dissent note because the
meetings were being conducted without inviting them," All
India Congress Committee Secretary Sudhakar Reddy told
He said "the authenticity of the report has to be decided
by the Speaker, once it is tabled."
The PAC led by the Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly
is in its final stages of preparing the report, which is
likely to pin down the illegalities conducted at the cost of
state exchequer and environment in the coastal state.
Jagmeet Singh Brar, Goa desk Congress in-charge, alleged
that Parrikar "leaked" the report even before placing it to
the state assembly.
The Congress leaders said they will wait for the report
of the Central government-appointed Shah Commission, which is
seriously investigating into the illegal mining activities in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Muslim man removed from flight after attendant announced, 'Mohamed Ahmed, I will be watching you'
- Russia Doping: A chronology of major events
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore