Cong resolution `warns` Goa CM from `framing` former leaders
Panaji: The Congress today asked Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar not to take law in his hands while initiating legal action against its former ministers for their alleged involvement in various scams.
"We are warning BJP-led government to not take law in your hand and call Congress legislators corrupt. Let the law of the land and court of the country prove that they are corrupt," said a resolution moved at the Congress Legislature Party meeting.
Congress legislators met today, a day after BJP state executive resolved to take action against its leaders including former chief minister Digambar Kamat and ministers Churchill Alemao and Atanasio Monserratte and legislator Chandrakant Kavlekar.
"Parrikar has tried enough to nail Congress leaders by filing cases against them in Lokayukta and Vigilance department. The resolution adopted by the chief minister (to take action against ex-Congress ministers) was to fool people and the party (BJP) cadres.
"BJP is adopting such resolutions to hide their misrule of 16 months, where they have failed on every front," CLP spokesman Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco told reporters after the meeting.
He alleged that BJP reneged on various promises it had made in the election manifesto of 2012 Assembly elections, including removal of off-shore casino vessels from Mandovi river, scrapping of Regional Plan and recovery of money looted in the mining scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28