Congress files complaint against Sri Ram Sene`s Pramod Muthalik
Panaji: Goa Congress on Thursday lodged a complaint with police against Sri Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik for allegedly trying to disrupt communal harmony during his visit to the coastal state in June 2013.
In his complaint with Panaji police, the state unit Congress spokesperson, Durgadas Kamat has attached a YouTube link of the speech delivered by Muthalik in which he purportedly advised Hindus to keep swords in their homes to instill fear in minds of people belonging to religious minorities.
Another YouTube clip attached with the complaint shows Muthalik purportedly criticising the independent legislator Vijay Sardesai for "opposing" entry of Sri Ram Sene in Goa, police said.
The complaint is filed under sections 153 (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language), 158 (A) (being hired to take part in an unlawful assembly or riot) and 295-A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of Indian Penal Code.
Congress has also sought action against Muthalik under sections 66-A and 66-F of the Information Technology Act.
"Since authorities have not acted suo moto, we are filing this FIR requesting you to promptly investigate the case in accordance with law," Kamat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America