Congress Minister decry EX- CM Faleiro
Panaji: Goa PWD Minister Churchill Alemao on Wednesday derided a senior Congress Working Committee (CWC) member and former chief minister over securing a ticket ahead of the Goa Assembly polls scheduled next year.
Alemao, while talking to reporters here, labeled senior CWC member and former state chief minister Luizinho Faleiro as a "sample" in the wake of the duo locking horns over securing a ticket for Navelim Assembly constituency for the forthcoming polls.
"He is a sample don`t ask me about him. Who will refuse me the ticket?" Alemao said.
The PWD minister, who recently merged his outfit `Save Goa Front` (SGF) with Congress, had earlier defeated Faleiro, who contested on Congress ticket from Navelim seat.
Meanwhile, Alemao courted another controversy saying the Election Commission "sabotaged" the merger of SGF on two occasions.
"We had submitted the forms for merger, which were sabotaged in the Election Commission of India. We had resubmitted the forms, which were again sabotaged," Mike Mehta, legal adviser to Alemao told during press conference today.
Alemao is facing disqualification suit before the Legislative Assembly Speaker for joining Congress allegedly without merging the SGF, which is a violation under the tenth schedule of Constitution.
Responding to a statement by the Chief Election Commissioner S Y Quraishi, who, during his visit yesterday observed that the SGF still existed and it was not merged with any party, Alemao said the latter had no knowledge about the merger.
"If there is merger, it has to happen through us (Election Commission of India)," Quraishi had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"