Congress sends pink skirt to Goa minister`s office address
Panaji: The Congress party in Goa on Tuesday sent a pink skirt to state public works department minister Sudin Dhavalikar to protest against his remarks supporting Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik and claiming that wearing skirts was not Goan culture.
Congress` Goa spokesman Durgadas Kamat told PTI that a pink colour skater jersey skirt has been couriered to Dhavalikar`s Porvorim office address to protest against his statements.
"We will not tolerate moral policing. The Indian constitution allows those above 18 years to decide what is good or bad," Kamat said, condemning Dhavalikar`s statements.
Talking to reporters yesterday, Dhavalikar had supported Muthalik, claiming that "scantily" dressed girls visiting pubs project "wrong" culture and this should be stopped.
"It does not fit into our culture. What will happen to our Goan culture, if we allow this? Whatever Muthalik is saying is not wrong. He is not speaking against any religion. Everyone has a right to speak about his own religion," Dhavalikar, who is from Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP), had said.
He had also said, "Muthalik is against pub culture and he is right in opposing it. You cannot ban anybody going anywhere. I can go anywhere in India. There are many NGOs operating in Goa and Sri Ram Sene would be yet another NGO. We will not tolerate any attempt to create any law and order problem in the state".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook