Congress to counter BJP social media campaign: Digvijay Singh
Panaji: Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh, who has been appointed as the Goa in-charge by the All India Congress Committee, said here on Wednesday that he was the most abused man on social networking websites.
Singh said that the Congress will "aggressively venture into the social media arena" to counter the campaign by BJP`s election campaign manager Narendra Modi.
"You will see difference within three months, although Digvijay Singh is the most abused person on social media," he said, referring to the Congress party`s plan to opt for a social media campaign.
He interacted with elected representatives, Pradesh Congress committee members and office bearers of the party today, during his day long visit here.
Addressing the gathering, Singh appealed the workers to counter the information campaign run by the BJP and the Sangh Parivar through the social media.
He said that the information technology cell of the Goa Congress party unit should work with frontal organisations like the National Students Union of India and the Pradesh Youth Congress to counter the BJP social media campaign.
"Congress leaders should activate their Facebook and Twitter accounts to launch an information campaign," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video