Congress to counter BJP social media campaign: Digvijay Singh
Panaji: Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh, who has been appointed as the Goa in-charge by the All India Congress Committee, said here on Wednesday that he was the most abused man on social networking websites.
Singh said that the Congress will "aggressively venture into the social media arena" to counter the campaign by BJP`s election campaign manager Narendra Modi.
"You will see difference within three months, although Digvijay Singh is the most abused person on social media," he said, referring to the Congress party`s plan to opt for a social media campaign.
He interacted with elected representatives, Pradesh Congress committee members and office bearers of the party today, during his day long visit here.
Addressing the gathering, Singh appealed the workers to counter the information campaign run by the BJP and the Sangh Parivar through the social media.
He said that the information technology cell of the Goa Congress party unit should work with frontal organisations like the National Students Union of India and the Pradesh Youth Congress to counter the BJP social media campaign.
"Congress leaders should activate their Facebook and Twitter accounts to launch an information campaign," he added.
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017