Congress to counter BJP social media campaign: Digvijay Singh
Panaji: Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh, who has been appointed as the Goa in-charge by the All India Congress Committee, said here on Wednesday that he was the most abused man on social networking websites.
Singh said that the Congress will "aggressively venture into the social media arena" to counter the campaign by BJP`s election campaign manager Narendra Modi.
"You will see difference within three months, although Digvijay Singh is the most abused person on social media," he said, referring to the Congress party`s plan to opt for a social media campaign.
He interacted with elected representatives, Pradesh Congress committee members and office bearers of the party today, during his day long visit here.
Addressing the gathering, Singh appealed the workers to counter the information campaign run by the BJP and the Sangh Parivar through the social media.
He said that the information technology cell of the Goa Congress party unit should work with frontal organisations like the National Students Union of India and the Pradesh Youth Congress to counter the BJP social media campaign.
"Congress leaders should activate their Facebook and Twitter accounts to launch an information campaign," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you