Congress to retain Shirodkar as Goa PCC chief: AICC Secretary
Panaji: The Congress party would retain Subhash Shirodkar as the head the party organisation in Goa and not change the leadership for the time being, a senior leader said here on Tuesday.
All India Congress Committee (AICC) Secretary A Chellakumar told PTI here today that asking Shirodkar to step down from the post, to replace him with another leader, is unlikely at present.
"As long as he is ready to work, he will continue as Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) chief," he said referring to Shirodkar, who had tendered his resignation to the Congress High Command after the party`s humiliating defeat in the Goa state legislative assembly elections in 2012.
"Whether to change the leadership in Goa or not depends on the High Command. Those issues will not be discussed with the media," Chellakumar said.
Some Congress leaders including former Goa chief minister Ravi Naik have been eyeing the GPCC chief`s post, but Naik is embroiled in a controversy after his son Roy was named by two foreigners for allegedly having links with narcotics peddlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea