Congress warns coalition partners in Goa
Panaji: Amidst frequent threat by its
coalition partners to pull out of the government, the Congress
in Goa on Monday asserted that they are in a strong position to
win in case of fresh elections in the state.
The Congress Legislative Party (CLP), which met here,
authorised Chief Minister Digamber Kamat to discuss the issue
with the party high command and take appropriate stand.
"The Chief Minister will be meeting Congress high command
and discuss the issue with them. The Congress is in good
situation in the state and can seek a fresh verdict, if need
arises," CLP spokesman Mauvin Godinho told reporters outside
the Chief Minister`s official residence here.
All the seven non-Congress legislators in the ruling
coalition - three from NCP, two from Maharashtrawadi Gomantak
Party (MGP), one from United Goans Democratic Party (UGDP) and
an Independent, have formed a pressure group, G7, to keep a
tab on functioning of the three-year-old Kamat Government.
G7, which claims blessings of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, had
warned the Chief Minister against dropping any of them from
the cabinet. Of the seven, five are Cabinet ministers.
The CLP resolved not to give in to the pressure tactics
of G7, which has consolidated itself after an unsuccessful
attempt by Congress to drop MGP legislator Ramakrishna
Dhavalikar from the Cabinet.
The CLP spokesman said the NCP was not adhering to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical