Congress warns coalition partners in Goa
Panaji: Amidst frequent threat by its
coalition partners to pull out of the government, the Congress
in Goa on Monday asserted that they are in a strong position to
win in case of fresh elections in the state.
The Congress Legislative Party (CLP), which met here,
authorised Chief Minister Digamber Kamat to discuss the issue
with the party high command and take appropriate stand.
"The Chief Minister will be meeting Congress high command
and discuss the issue with them. The Congress is in good
situation in the state and can seek a fresh verdict, if need
arises," CLP spokesman Mauvin Godinho told reporters outside
the Chief Minister`s official residence here.
All the seven non-Congress legislators in the ruling
coalition - three from NCP, two from Maharashtrawadi Gomantak
Party (MGP), one from United Goans Democratic Party (UGDP) and
an Independent, have formed a pressure group, G7, to keep a
tab on functioning of the three-year-old Kamat Government.
G7, which claims blessings of NCP chief Sharad Pawar, had
warned the Chief Minister against dropping any of them from
the cabinet. Of the seven, five are Cabinet ministers.
The CLP resolved not to give in to the pressure tactics
of G7, which has consolidated itself after an unsuccessful
attempt by Congress to drop MGP legislator Ramakrishna
Dhavalikar from the Cabinet.
The CLP spokesman said the NCP was not adhering to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan