Congressmen indicted in Goa mining scam: BJP
Panaji: The Shah Commission report on illegal mining in Goa, which is yet to be made public, has named senior Congress functionaries for being involved in the scam, Goa BJP president Laxmikant Parsekar said on Monday.
Parsekar was responding to allegations made on Saturday by All India Congress Committee (AICC) secretary in charge of Goa, Sudhakar Reddy, when the latter had accused the Bharatiya Janata Party led coalition government of being supported by the mining lobby.
"Everyone in Goa knows which government was being supported by the mining lobby. The Shah Commission report is clear. It will expose everything. There are names of several Congressmen in the report and all their account of illegal mining in Goa," Parsekar said.
"We request Reddy ji to implore with the Congress government at the Centre to release the report. They have kept it hidden. Let everyone come to know what is there in it," the state BJP president said.
When in the opposition the BJP had accused the Congress led coalition government of sheltering a mining scam to the tune of Rs 25,000 crore and had named several ministers including the then chief minister as a part of the scam.
After the switch in power in March this year however, the BJP has been unable to effectively pin the same Congressmen down for illegal mining activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report