Congressmen indicted in Goa mining scam: BJP
Panaji: The Shah Commission report on illegal mining in Goa, which is yet to be made public, has named senior Congress functionaries for being involved in the scam, Goa BJP president Laxmikant Parsekar said on Monday.
Parsekar was responding to allegations made on Saturday by All India Congress Committee (AICC) secretary in charge of Goa, Sudhakar Reddy, when the latter had accused the Bharatiya Janata Party led coalition government of being supported by the mining lobby.
"Everyone in Goa knows which government was being supported by the mining lobby. The Shah Commission report is clear. It will expose everything. There are names of several Congressmen in the report and all their account of illegal mining in Goa," Parsekar said.
"We request Reddy ji to implore with the Congress government at the Centre to release the report. They have kept it hidden. Let everyone come to know what is there in it," the state BJP president said.
When in the opposition the BJP had accused the Congress led coalition government of sheltering a mining scam to the tune of Rs 25,000 crore and had named several ministers including the then chief minister as a part of the scam.
After the switch in power in March this year however, the BJP has been unable to effectively pin the same Congressmen down for illegal mining activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail