Congressmen indicted in Goa mining scam: BJP
Panaji: The Shah Commission report on illegal mining in Goa, which is yet to be made public, has named senior Congress functionaries for being involved in the scam, Goa BJP president Laxmikant Parsekar said on Monday.
Parsekar was responding to allegations made on Saturday by All India Congress Committee (AICC) secretary in charge of Goa, Sudhakar Reddy, when the latter had accused the Bharatiya Janata Party led coalition government of being supported by the mining lobby.
"Everyone in Goa knows which government was being supported by the mining lobby. The Shah Commission report is clear. It will expose everything. There are names of several Congressmen in the report and all their account of illegal mining in Goa," Parsekar said.
"We request Reddy ji to implore with the Congress government at the Centre to release the report. They have kept it hidden. Let everyone come to know what is there in it," the state BJP president said.
When in the opposition the BJP had accused the Congress led coalition government of sheltering a mining scam to the tune of Rs 25,000 crore and had named several ministers including the then chief minister as a part of the scam.
After the switch in power in March this year however, the BJP has been unable to effectively pin the same Congressmen down for illegal mining activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir