Contractor arrested in illegal mining case in Goa
Panaji: A contractor realted to senior
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Jitendra Deshprabhu
was arrested on Friday in the illegal mining case.
Gitesh Naik, a contractor who transported ore
illegally extracted from the property owned by Deshprabhu was
arrested here, Crime Branch officials said.
Police have been investigating the case of illegal
mining in the land belonging to Deshprabhu in Korgao village.
The crime branch had registered cases against several
government officials including Director of Mines, Transport
Director and others along with Deshprabhu and his contractor
Deshprabhu has been accused of mining ore worth Rs 50
crore from his property since 2007.
State Mines and Geology department had fined
Deshprabhu for Rs 1.7 crore after investigations confirmed
that he had indulged in illegal mining.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India