Contractor arrested in illegal mining case in Goa
Panaji: A contractor realted to senior
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Jitendra Deshprabhu
was arrested on Friday in the illegal mining case.
Gitesh Naik, a contractor who transported ore
illegally extracted from the property owned by Deshprabhu was
arrested here, Crime Branch officials said.
Police have been investigating the case of illegal
mining in the land belonging to Deshprabhu in Korgao village.
The crime branch had registered cases against several
government officials including Director of Mines, Transport
Director and others along with Deshprabhu and his contractor
Deshprabhu has been accused of mining ore worth Rs 50
crore from his property since 2007.
State Mines and Geology department had fined
Deshprabhu for Rs 1.7 crore after investigations confirmed
that he had indulged in illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'