Contractor arrested in illegal mining case in Goa
Panaji: A contractor realted to senior
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Jitendra Deshprabhu
was arrested on Friday in the illegal mining case.
Gitesh Naik, a contractor who transported ore
illegally extracted from the property owned by Deshprabhu was
arrested here, Crime Branch officials said.
Police have been investigating the case of illegal
mining in the land belonging to Deshprabhu in Korgao village.
The crime branch had registered cases against several
government officials including Director of Mines, Transport
Director and others along with Deshprabhu and his contractor
Deshprabhu has been accused of mining ore worth Rs 50
crore from his property since 2007.
State Mines and Geology department had fined
Deshprabhu for Rs 1.7 crore after investigations confirmed
that he had indulged in illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you