Court asks cops to give unedited CCTV footage to Tejpal
Panaji: A local court on Saturday asked the Goa Government to hand over unedited portion of CCTV footage of the area near a lift in a hotel to senior journalist Tarun Tejpal, accused of sexually assaulting a junior woman colleague last year.
Tejpal had requested the fast track court for the footage which is part of the chargesheet filed by crime branch earlier.
The senior journalist sought the footage of the area in the starred hotel for a time period from November 7, 2013 when the crime was alleged to have happened till November 29, when he was arrested.
His lawyers had maintained that the proof of Tejpal`s "innocence" lies in the footage which was procured by the investigating agency.
The founder-editor of Tehelka magazine is lodged in a jail here in a case of alleged sexual assault of his junior woman colleague at the hotel during an event.
In its chargesheet filed on February 17, the crime branch accused Tejpal of rape, sexual harassment and outraging modesty of woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi